Configure a matrix of up to 72 x 72 inputs and outputs. Building on solid MFR series performance, the MFR-4000R inspires confidence in management through redundancy and easy maintenance.
Multi-format video input and output
Support for 3G/HD/SD-SDI and DVB-ASI input and output. No need to worry about signal formats, thanks to auto signal detection. Able to add up to 8 input cards and 8 output cards, with nine channels per card.
Features to Maintain a Stable System
Front control panel
Equipped with a control panel for menu display. Error display possible, when needed.
Can be integrated into an SNMP monitoring system. Enables monitoring of various operational states, such as power, fan, and CPU status, SDI signal input or output, and crosspoint errors. If system failure and recovery occur, SNMP traps are sent to managers.
As core system components, FOR-A routing switchers can incorporate redundancy to ensure nonstop operation in case of problems.
- Redundant CPU board (optional MFR-CPUR)
- Redundant power supply (optional MFR-PSR)
- Router linkage: Parallel operation of two routing switchers ensures matrix redundancy and enables quadruple redundancy of the power supply unit and CPU board.
Connectivity with Other Products
Can be remote-controlled through the Ethernet or serial ports. Compatibility with common protocols such as TSL and HARRIS, which enables tally linkage or auto source name tracking for crosspoint switching. Routing switcher are also integrated with FOR-A’s exclusive interface to our line of HVS production switchers and standalone multi-viewers.
- Offers integrated management of source name signals from MFR routing switchers, which automatically send source names to HVS Series switchers and MV Series multi-viewers.
- HVS switcher tally signals are automatically sent to MFR routing switchers and MV multi-viewers for coordinated display.
- Crosspoint control from both HVS Series switchers and MFR routing switchers.
A built-in webserver enables immediate setup without installing software on external devices.
Versatile crosspoint control
Besides typical crosspoint switching, the unit enables a variety of crosspoint control: Salvo/Take/Link/Level/Chop
Matrix partition capability
One routing switcher can be virtually partitioned to build any theoretical hierarchy, creating possibilities for use in various operations.
- 4K/8K switcher(supporting crosspoint)
4K and 8K signal switching with coordinated control of multiple crosspoints.
- 4K/HD simul-switcher
Simulcast operations involving separate or simultaneous control of 4K and HD material.
- Fully independent switching
Use a single enclosure as multiple routing switchers by partitioning a configuration.
Ideal for operation equivalent to multiple units without sharing sources.
- V/Key linking switcher
Divide the matrix into two partitions for coordinated control of video and key signals.
Remote Control Units
We offer several types or remote control unit to suit your application. The number of units that can be connected is a maximum of 127. This lets you build a flexible control environment by the way you partition the matrix and make operation level settings. Please refer to MFR-RU series page for the lineup and details.
Interface Expansion Units
The interface expansion unit lineup includes two types to suit your specific application. The number of units that can be connected is a maximum of 127, including the remote control units.
MFR-GPI: GPI Unit
- Provides an interface for GPI control. This 1 RU sized unit is equipped with user-assignable GPI/O (128 channels) and 4 serial ports (9-pin D-sub male). It can be used for setting Input/Output and supports system configuration.
MFR-TALM: Tally Manager
- MFR-TALM is a device for performing central management of tally and material names of the MFR main unit and peripheral devices (such as video switchers and multi viewers).