In presenting the website of FOR-A Company, Limited (the "Company" or sometimes the "Headquarters", the term "Company" herein used sometimes to include each subsidiary company of the Company located outside Japan in case where each such subsidiary company obtains personal data from data subjects and provide the same to the Headquarters), the Company will obtain consent from each data subject for obtaining by the Company of personal data in respect of each such data subject. The Company will obtain, process and use personal data strictly in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Obtaining of Personal Data
The Company obtains personal data from each data subject directly at interview with each data subject or otherwise by input by each data subject on the website of the Company.
Definition of "Personal Data"
The term "personal data" of a data subject in this Policy means data in respect of a data subject which is identifiable by the name, birth date and/or any other data comprised therein and as such include (without limitation) the following data:
- Name of organisation to which the data subject belongs and its address, section therein (if any) to which he/she belongs and title which is assigned to him/her;
- Living address;
- Email address; and
- Telephone and facsimile number(s).
Purposes for Use of Personal Data
The Company will use the personal data obtained from each data subject for the following purposes:
- Promotion of sale of the products of the Company and provision of supporting services by the Company and sales agents of the Company;
- Improvement or development of services to be provided by the Company upon analyzing the manner of use by data subjects of the same;
- Improvement of website of the Company upon analysing the manner of use by data subjects of the same;
- Confirmation of application by data subjects for delivery services by emails and subsequent delivery of emails;
- Notification of events, delivery of invitations, notifications and greetings;
- Notification of update of the products of the Company and of new products;
- Preparation of statistics data for usage by data subjects of the products of the Company (For preparation of statistics data, all personal data to be fabricated such that no data subject will be identifiable)
Personal data of all data subjects will not be used for any purpose other than those set out above.
Obtaining of Personal Data
The Company will obtain personal data of data subject in any of the following manners or occasions:
Obtaining at Interviews
- Business talks by staff of the Company;
- Registration of guests visiting exhibitions and other events held by the Company; and
- Obtaining responses to questionnaires conducted by the Company.
Obtaining in Other Manners
- Responses to inquiries from data subjects by phones, facsimile, mail or otherwise; and
- Responses to inquiries from data subjects on the website.
The Company will obtain personal data from each data subject in proper and fair manner with explicit consent from each such data subject to the obtaining and provision to third party (the Headquarters) of such personal data. Any data subject may at any time thereafter withdraw such consent by so notifying the Company.
On each occasion the Company will obtain personal data from each data subject, each such data subject will be advised, among others, the following:
- Processing and (if applicable) provision to third party (the Headquarters) of the personal data;
- Purposes of obtaining the personal data;
- The data which will be subject to the processing and (if applicable) provision to third party (the Headquarters); and
- The fact that the data subject may withdraw the consent at any time.
Processing of Personal Data
The Company will process the personal data of each data subject properly and safely in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations as well as the internal rules of the Company for protection of personal data.
Usage period will be prescribed in respect of personal data of each data subject in accordance with the internal rules of the Company for protection of personal data. Upon expiration of such usage period, the relevant personal data will be promptly erased.
Processing of all personal data at the Company is eventually operated at the head office of FOR-A Company Limited at Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Personal data of each data subject not residing in Japan will be eventually processed in Japan with consent by each such data subject to provision of the same to third party (the Headquarters).
Assignment of Operation of Processing to Outside Parties
The Company may assign the processing personal data to third parties in which event the Company will enter into an agreement with each such assigned party whereby the Company will cause the personal data to be processed by such assigned party strictly in compliance with this Policy.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
The Company will not provide personal data of any data subject to any third person without the consent of such data subject; provided, that each data subject will be deemed to have agreed that the Company will provide the personal data to such person as identified in each of the following cases to the extent as required in each such case for purposes of such person further processing the relevant personal data:
- Assignment of processing of personal data as aforesaid;
- Collection and analyzing the personal data and subsequent publishing of statistics data after processing the same such that no data subject will be identifiable;
- Deposit of personal data of data subjects with settling agencies, credit providers and/or financial institutions for the purpose of the Company’s billing of purchase prices to customers who have purchased the Company’s products or systems developed by the Company;
- Delivery of goods requiring provision of personal data to third party (the delivery service provider);
- Provision of personal data to third party (parties) is required or admitted by laws or regulations.
Disclosure of Processed Personal Data to the Data Subject
The Company will disclose personal data of a data subject processed by the Company upon request of such data subject.
Upon request of a data subject, the Company will properly make corrections, additions or otherwise revise the personal data of such data subject, after the Company will be satisfied that the applicant is the data subject in respect of such personal data.
When a data subject visits the Company’s website, the Company will automatically obtain and record on the Company’s server, by using such data subject’s information stored in such data subject’s cookies, information such as the webpage such data subject has visited, application such data subject has used and the environment of use. This information will be used to optimize the improvement of the Company’s services and will not be used to identify a data subject. The purpose and manner of use are as stated below.
Saving of Basic Settings
Collaboration with External Sites
Videos featuring the Company’s products that the Company has uploaded on YouTube are embedded in the Company’s product information page, etc. When a data subject views any of these embedded videos, cookies for YouTube that such data subject has saved will be used. In addition, when collaborating with other external services, cookies for each such service company that such data subject has saved will be used.
Checking of Usage Status, Consideration of Service Improvement
- Google Analytics Terms of Service
- In order to invalidate Google Analytics, download and install from the following URL "Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on" and change Add-on settings of your browser.
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on
Invalidation of Cookies
Cookies on a data subject's device will remain on such data subject's device which such data subject is using until such data subject will have deleted the same or certain valid term will have expired. Though most browsers by default setting activate automatic acceptance of cookies, it is possible to invalidate cookies by changing a data subject’s browser settings.
However, in the event that cookies are invalidated, some functionalities of the Company’s website may become unusable and some pages may not be properly viewed.
Please check the data subject’s device and application for methods to invalidate cookies.
Use of Email Delivery Service
As appropriate, the Company will deliver to a data subject information via email magazine. The Company uses Benchmark Email, an email delivery service provided by Benchmark, for delivery.
To unsubscribe email magazine, please request via URL stated in the email magazine that the Company will send you. Upon your request, the Company will process cancellation of delivery. Due to clerical reasons for reflecting cancellation, a data subject might receive the Company’s advertisements for some while after a data subject has made a request.
In case any of the following case applies, the Company will not be responsible for acquisition by a third person of personal data:
- The data subject has disclosed his/her personal data by use of function of the services of the Company or otherwise; or
- The data subject has been identified by the information input by such data subject or otherwise.
Opinion or Claim for Personal Data of Data Subject/ Disclosure of Processed Personal Data
Any opinion or claim relating to personal data of a data subject or any request for disclosure of personal data of the data subject is requested to be made to https://www.for-a.com/contacts/. Upon confirmation of the same, the data subject will be communicated by mail and the Company will use efforts to respond adequately.
In the event that a data subject residing within any member state of EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway to whom the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) applies intends to resort to the rights provided by the GDPR, such data subject is also requested to contact to https://www.for-a.com/contacts/. If the data subject is not satisfied with the response by the Company, such data subject will be entitled to file a claim with the competent supervisory authority.
6, August, 2018
FOR-A COMPANY LIMITED
Representative Director and President