The MCC-4K-A is a universal standards converter providing exceptional quality frame rate and format conversion for UHD/3G/HD signals. MCC-4K-A offers support for quad link 3G-SDI of two-Sample Interleaved (2SI) or Square Division (SQD) format as well as single link 12G/6G-SDI and SFP connectivity.
Motion compensated conversion from any UHD frame rate to any other UHD frame rate (4K ↔ 4K), with simultaneous UHD single link 12G/6G and UHD quad link 3G-SDI output, plus automatic detection of SMPTE ST425-5 (sample interleave input) and ITU-R BT.2020 colorimetry.
Motion compensated conversion from any 3G/HD-SDI frame rate to any other 3G/HD-SDI frame rate, as well as up-conversion from 3G/HD to UHD and down-conversion UHD to 3G/HD.
- Superb quality motion compensated format and frame rate conversion for all HD, 3G and UHD signals
- All frame rates from 23.98 to 60p supported, including interlaced and PsF formats
- Automatic input detection of SMPTE ST425-5 (sample interleave input) and ITU-R BT.2020 colorimetry
- Selectable 2SI or SQD output
- 16 channels of embedded PCM audio with a delay matched to the video delay
- Dolby E decode/transcode option
- Confidence display on front panel (individual quadrants for square division output)
- Closed caption and Timecode passing
Live UHD frame rate conversion
MCC-4K-A is ideal for live frame rate conversion applications, where UHD content sourced at a chosen production frame rate needs to be converted to other frame rates for international contribution and distribution. International sports, concerts, breaking news and current affairs can all be simply and impeccably converted to the desired output format and frame rate.
HD/3G to UHD up-conversion
MCC-4K-A is perfect for integrating HD and 3G content into UHD programming. Benefiting from proprietary aperture control for up-conversion with enhancement features, MCC-4K-A transforms 3G/HD content into superb UHD output, offering simultaneous 4K single link 12G/6G and 4K quad link (2SI and SQD).
UHD to HD/3G down-conversion
Simultaneous transmissions in UHD and HD are easy with MCC-4K-A. Simply configure UHD as input and choose the required HD standard output. ITU-R BT.2020 to ITU-R BT.709 conversion is available if required, as well as process amplifier and RGB color corrector.
HD to HD frame rate conversion
MCC-4K-A also operates as an 3G/HD motion compensated standards converter, allowing its rapid redeployment for all conversion applications. Availability of loop-through reference input with genlock phase control, and timecode conversions make the MCC-4K-A ideal for demanding live production environments